Energy & Environment: Ontario Fall Economic Statement
The following is intending to serve as a supplementary briefing note on matters outlined in the Fall Economic Statement as it pertains to our clients in the energy and environmental sectors. As anticipated, the government has reaffirmed its commitment to previous decisions and has signalled it will continue to stay the course on key files, including fighting the federal carbon tax and reducing hydro prices.
Amongst other topics, our report includes analysis on the following files:
- Reducing Electricity Bills
- Streamlining Industrial Electricity Pricing
- Supporting Competitiveness of Large Industrial Companies in the North
- Enhancing the Transmission Grid
- Promoting Efficient Electricity Distribution